The days of keggers, clubs and beer pong are officially gone and now a Friday night turn up is a popcorn party y'all! Not only is popcorn low carb and filled with fiber, you can season it to your liking or your glass of wine. My friend Ashley Cinq-Mars came over and we swapped our favorite flavors- two herbalicious healthy options and one treat because hey, it's Friday! Don't tell me you still pop popcorn in the microwave...I'll ignore those who said yes and you can read below to see how easy it is to make a fresh, radiation free batch of popcorn.
YOU KONG POP IT
How to pop popcorn on the stove
- Coat the bottom of a large pot with high heat oil like CANOLA or VEGETABLE OIL (3-4 tablespoons) or COCONUT OIL (2-3 tablespoons)
- Pour a layer of popcorn kernels so it covers the bottom of the pot like the photo on the left
- Cover the pot and place on high heat
- Listen as the popping kernels slow and remove from heat
Vegan Turmeric Parmesan
- Flax Oil
- Nutritional Yeast (What's nutritional yeast?)
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- Add as much of each ingredient as you'd like... the oil is key so the yeast and turmeric have something to stick to.
- If you've recently had a light colored manicure, beware that turmeric will stain! The popcorn is delicious without the turmeric as well.
- Minced fresh rosemary 1-2 T and/or regular dried rosemary
- Truffle Oil- 100% authentic truffle oil is insanely expensive and very strong tasting. We found a truffle/olive oil blend for $15.
- Sea Salt
- Toss popcorn with these ingredients and enjoy. Always start with less truffle oil and add to your liking.
White Chocolate Funfetti
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips, spring for the good stuff!
- Sprinkles, your favorite shape
- To melt- Stovetop: Fill a large pot with a few inches of water. Put the chips in a smaller pot inside the larger pot with water and place them on a medium flame. Watch and stir the chips until melted, no longer. This will keep the chocolate from burning, which we did the first time ;)
- Microwave: Place chips in microwave safe container and heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until melted.